I. Heart. Them.
The Daily Show 06.08.2003
Congrats on the Emmy win, you dethroned Jon Stewart. Is this the end of Jon Stewart? [x]
'My' executive producer.
Jon really is just yours, isn’t he.
Drugs are Cool
The Daily Show 16.05.2002
The funniest thing I’ve seen all week, seriously.
The Daily Show 28.06.2001
Jon Stewart & Stephen Colbert, reminding us all that bromance isn’t dead on Jimmy Kimmel Live last night. [x]
9 Months after Italy won the world cup they had their highest birth rate in years.
When England won the world cup there was an electricity spike as people across the country heated up their kettles to make some tea.
Here in the UK we know how to celebrate."
sometimes the universe just hands you a joke
I LOVE HOW WHEN DEAN DECIDES HE’S READY TO DIE, CAS DECIDES THAT HE’S READY AS WELL.
I’m not going to write a long post
since I’m already doing that for the film festivalbut here’s what you might like to know:
- Evie introduced them — a murmur of comprehension went through the crowd as she said her last name — and called their comedy “part teenage-boy stupidity and part razor-sharp satire.”
- What Jon wrote in Stephen’s copy of Naked Pictures of Famous People: “To Stephen: please don’t hurt me. Jon Stewart.”
- Jon faced a lot of resistance to his ideas when he first became host of The Daily Show. He had to be “talked off a moderately-high cliff.”
- Jon’s recurring theme: Jews. Stephen’s recurring theme: Lord of the Rings.
- Both of them did an excellent job of cracking each other up and complimenting each other. Jon said it was “nice to have a brother in the business.” D’awww.
- Lots of good questions from the audience. I asked if Stephen thought his fake presidential campaigns (and they did tease me a bit for the word “fake,” but I deserved it) followed in the footsteps of Pat Paulsen from The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour. I’d just watched clips of it in my TV History class a few weeks ago and wanted to find out if they were connected. Stephen’s answer: “I love Pat Paulsen!” Jon’s answer: “No, no, no, no. Pat Paulsen was playing checkers. [Stephen] plays chess.” Can’t say I expected such a strong reaction from Jon!
- Stephen’s favorite election moment: Obama getting re-elected. Jon’s favorite election moment: the Clint Eastwood/empty chair conversation.
- They are positively electric when they’re in the same room together.
- Oh, and I am moderately concerned that Stephen’s bodyguard recognized me without me having to prompt him.
Want more deets? I’ll post a link to my MFF blog post when it’s published.
The story of how Jon and Stephen met.